Thursday, November 15, 2012

the winter (survival) list

I know it's not quite winter yet, but last week we had our first snow and there's definitely a chill in the air. I posted a while back about how I was nervous about winter's arrival.  Baby-less, I would have found my seat by the heater, covered in blankets, slippers on, some knitting by my side and blissfully hibernate the winter away in my warm, safe cocoon.  I'm assuming that scenario will not be the case with an active toddler in tow. He's not really into that sort of thing, you might say. 

A wise friend suggested that I start making a winter list. I heartily agreed and started brainstorming ways to keep us busy during these coooold and dark winter months. And this is not just any seasonal list, my friends(see summer and fall), this is my winter SURVIVAL list.  A list to go to when we've been cooped up all day, caught a bad case of cabin fever and are about to drive each other mad. Here's what we have so far...any awesome winter activities I'm missing? 
Here's to a fun, interesting, active and happy winter in (and out of) the Kettle!


1 comment:

  1. How funny! I just posted something on this very topic (with more focus on getting out of the house). You have great ideas! - Marta

    http://connectshore.com/2012/11/28/how-to-entertain-your-tot-on-a-wet-cold-saturday-a-guide-in-progress/

    ReplyDelete