Tuesday, November 13, 2012

how you like dem apples?

Baked apples are the current favorite warm, simple, cool-weather treat here in the kettle...I mean, you put that baby to bed, snuggle up on the couch with a blanket, your favorite someone and a bowl of warm sugary apple-y goodness; I think you might even be able to call that a legitimate date! 
our concoction of choice
(there are many variations)

Cored apple, filled with mostly brown sugar and a bit of cinnamon and a littler bit of nutmeg. Doused with a tablespoon of water and topped with a slice of butter.  Bake at 375 for about 30 min. or until the apple is soft. Add a dollop of cream; whipped or iced. heaven, I tell you! (with a little "h", of course).
(I wrote this whole post, then I had a moment of deja vu and it occurred to me that I may have posted something very similar when I first started my blog. I was totally right. Here's my original recipe from 3 years ago..I used the leftovers from an apple crisp. Brilliant!) :)

1 comment: