Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vote for Me...

Last week an election was held to choose a class representative for the newly formed student council. I was so proud of my students' respectfulness, thoughtfulness, kindness and humility during this campaign.  Their adult counterparts would do well to learn a little from these young politicians. Enjoy the snippets below from their speeches...
"I would be the best student for the job because:
·    I am honest
·    I will not do anything wrong
·    I will listen to everyone and everything they say big, medium, or small
·    I am reliable and I will come to all the meetings unless I am very sick (That only happens about once a year)
·    I have a very good attention span and I am able to focus for long periods of time."

"My fellow students. I am running because I think (our school) can use some
help. Here is some ways we can start. Something as easy as caring more and more outdoor activities. All of you have a lot of skills, imagine all of your  skills together."

"I am a nice, respectable, honest, hopeful, caring, happy teen. I respect everyone the same. If I am elected I will listen to you, help you, make class more fun, take my time to give hope, play with you, and be the best representative I can." 

2 comments:

  1. I love that the first one boasts his long attention span and deep focus! He will make a fabulous husband some day! :)

    ReplyDelete