Monday, August 1, 2011

Still waiting and still counting my blessings...

“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy,
and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” 
— William Arthur Ward

This week, I'm thankful for:

- Brian, selflessly and cheerfully doing lots of extra chores
- more time than I thought to rest and prepare
- ending up sharing a birthday month with my baby
- bengay
- frequent hugs
- "American Picker" episodes and the characters therein
- new books and Irish booties from Aunt Ariel
- newly painted stairs
- Brian's ingenuity and hard work to fix the potato-skin-clogged, kitchen sink (oops!)
- patience, most of the time.
- hopefully my last week of pregnancy!!
- our cute little housemate

6 comments:

  1. It's hard to wait! If you can, try to rest and enjoy the time. My four were born two weeks before my due date, and with each I felt as if I didn't have time enough to prepare. Oh well!

    My daughter and I both share May birthdays!

    Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time stopping by, came by way of holyexperience. Love your blog. Your little one will be worth the wait. Congrats on being a new mommy...soon. I have accidentally clogged our sink with potatoes and egg shells once too, oops. Thankful my hubby fixed it and wasn't mad at me : ) Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed following your journey into "mommyhood". Best wishes to ya'll as your home "grows by two feet". What a blessing for a little one to be born into a home so full of God, gratitude, creativity and love. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never, never, never do I tire of these lists.

    ps love the Dear Baby post and photo....so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely quote. Best wishes on your new phase of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting you from Multitudes on Mondays. What is there to be more greatful for than a new baby. Enjoy your blessing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete