Wednesday, March 12, 2014

these days


these days, I'm...

- working on the last couple of projects in my art classes before maternity leave and finishing sub plans 
- keeping my hands busy with tiny knit and crochet projects
- slowly working on potty training 
- going through storage, dusting off Levi's gender neutral baby stuff; going through lots of laundry detergent and clorox wipes
- finding places to put baby sister's stuff
- working through plans for a Yemen girl reunion this summer
- listening to new songs being written, enjoying a new love song
- watching my entire belly move and quake
- resting after a busy but wonderful ArtSpeak weekend at church
- often smiling my way through even hard days, because my boys can always cheer me up
- grateful for a $20 used double stroller find, and just the one we wanted 
- sending off ink drawings of mama and baby animals for a new baby's nursery in Fiji and painting lupines for a nearby baby girl's nursery
- looking forward to our traditional St. Pattys Day feast with our old small group 
- hoping the end of April comes quickly...my body is not enjoying this part of pregnancy very much. 
- reading through THIS Lent devotional, "homemade" by the pastors and artists in our church; walking slowly and intentionally toward the cross and resurrection
- desperate for spring
- thankful for my family, for health, for work and play, for each new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment