"This is the day that the Lord has made,
let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
Thankful this week, for...
- the excitement and promise of a new school year
- an inspiring work retreat and the holy vocation of tranformational Christian education
- Trader Joes treats
- quiet naptimes
- morning walks
- more birthday treats; especially my favorite candy bars and a gift certificate for a foot massage from the BFF
- cool, temperate days
- flourishing window/patio boxes
- dinners with siblings
- hand-knits in the mail
- Salem East potluck and our new intergenerational community small group
- a sermon inspired by Brother Lawrence - his life and prayers: "We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God, who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed."
- staff clambake, good friends and energetic kiddos
- a fun time hanging out with Brian's Aunt Lisa, Uncle Dave and cousin Alex; a nice walk downtown, lunch and ice cream, and fun and thoughtful gifts for Levi's birthday picked out by Alex.