Thursday, December 13, 2012

this and that

just a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

- I was going to say something like "it's that time of year again when I can't tell you what I'm working on and project posts are on hiatus" but then I realized they've pretty much been on hiatus since August of last year. So, I guess no apology needed?  All of this to say, January will be fun! Lots of projects are filling my nights and nap times.

- My hands are notoriously cold, almost any time of the year.  Recently, I've noticed that the touch pad on my Mac has a very hard time registering my fingers when my hands are especially cold...like I'm pretty sure it doesn't recognize me as warm and living human being! For the record, Brian thinks I'm crazy and that I should just go to the Mac store and get my computer fixed. I think he should buy me a space heater.

- I tend to put Levi on the papasan chair when he is having a time out since he has a harder time getting out of it. Now, if he ever sits there (NOT during a time out) he says "no nononono" and then kisses me and says "sorry". 

- I knew my husband for quite a while before we got married (high school sweethearts, baby!). Not too many things surprised me and I pretty much felt like I knew what I was getting myself into. BUT, after 4 years of dating and 6 years of marriage, he has indeed surprised me! I never thought of him as the type of guy that liked to/could fix things. I figured that when we owned a house, we'd call my brother or one of our fathers to help us out when we needed it, or worst case, call a professional. And I was fine with that, you can't win them all, right? Well, it turns out that I did indeed win. :) For some reason in the last few months everything in our house broke. Everything. BUT Brian James managed to fix them all! I have to give some props to youtube and google, but who knew the poet/musician could also do a little plumbing? He's fixed a garbage disposal, "water hammer" in the water pipes, the washer, the dryer, and the dishwasher (this one with the help of a brother and father), among other funny little things. What a guy. 

- I apologize if you are my FB friend and already saw this gem of a Levi-ism.. Yesterday I asked Levi if he wanted a hotdog.  He smiled, nodding emphatically and said "woof woof!"

- I also owe you an update on my Dad. He's been recovering very well from his surgery and waiting to hear about whether or not his cancer is a recurrance or not. For some reason they are having a really hard time figuring it out so they are treating him as if it is. His treatment is starting on Monday(at least 6 weeks of chemo and radiation). Pray for strength, perserverance and healing!

- On a lighter note, Levi is saying more and more words everyday. It is amazing and adorable. I love listening to him talk all day long. Some I understand, a lot I don't. It's hard to show a photograph of this phenomenon so lo and behold...I think this is the first video to grace Sea Kettle Diaries! It's gets a little wonky at the end, the audio and video don't match up quite right, but you get the idea and you can hear his beautiful voice, which is all that counts. :)




5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You know my love for Levi is excessive, but you really MUST get on a plane RIGHT now and bring that child to me. I just want to kiss that cute little face!! (spending some time with you wouldn't hurt, either)

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo cutee!!! i love the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, he is SO cute. I love to see you together. So sweet. Do your fingers turn blue as well? (BTW...I was just diagnosed with breast cancer...looks like I will be getting radiation therapy and chemo soon, too...after surgery.) I think we might have hot woof-woofs for lunch today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to come back to watch this for the fourth or fifth time today. Kevin's been watching too. So cute! I really love so many parts of this, I guess it would be ridiculous to list them all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too adorable. Caroline liked watching with me :)

    ReplyDelete