Just in case you were tempted to think otherwise....
- I haven't been to the grocery store since Levi was born.
- There are dirty clothes on the floor; in the bathroom, the living room, the kitchen, the craft room, our bedroom, the nursery. Oh wait, that's all of the rooms - darn it.
- Somedays I feel like super-mom when i manage to remember all of the materials for my art classes, when I get together everything Levi needs while I'm teaching and then teach class as if I had had a full night's sleep...and then I come home to my disaster of a house, my empty refrigerator, my dirty bathroom and my long unchecked to-do list. And then - not so much.
- I think my cat is about to disown me. I'm no fun anymore.
- After the last feeding of the night I very often fall asleep while burping the baby and spend the rest of the night with him cuddled on my chest (Admittedly, I don't feel too bad about this; these will be some of the times I'll miss most about having a snuggly little newborn.)
- I've had my fair share of cry-fests, as I try to figure out how to juggle work and mommy-hood.
- We've been eating a lot of really healthy food. You know, like spaghetti, hot dogs and Annie's mac and cheese.
- Levi is on nothing that resembles a schedule and considering I can't remember my own schedule, I'm not sure how I'm going to put my baby on one...
- Last night I realized that we were out of clorox wipes - and I got a little teary-eyed.
- Last week I locked myself and the baby out of the house. Thank goodness for secret magnetic car key boxes and my parents' house.
- I haven't read the "What to Expect the First Year" book (or any other baby book for that matter) since he was like a week old. So, I guess I don't know if I'm doing it all "right".
- I worry too much about tomorrow.
- I try to not get too close to my students or co-workers, because I'm well aware that I smell like spit-up.
- I take super long showers these days. I consider them vacation.
- My house plants are dying.