Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More Birds for Baby

I often get asked if I'm going to paint a mural in the nursery. Surprisingly enough, I'm not really a mural type of gal. Just not my style. 


BUT, we do have two walls in the room that are slanted and just so happen to be perfect for at least a little something.  


Although I squirm at the idea of too-themed of a room, we do seem to have a lot of birds around, so I decided to do a make a couple of bird stencils to add a little interest to these big blank walls.


Making your own stencils is simple. I simply drew a few sketches on acetate and then carefully cut them out with an x-acto knife. I taped it to the wall, painted it over with a little white paint, and voila!


The nursery is almost done... the big reveal is coming soon! 

2 comments:

  1. So simplistic and perfect! Nice job Kerrie! I love this room so much! Such a lucky baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize this is an older post, but...... I have slanted ceilings, and a door that needs to fit like yours does. Could you tell me how you made this door fit this odd configuration? Many thanks (since I"ve been ready to tear my hair out over this!)

    keziamara@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete