Lord...tune my heart to sing your grace ---
Instead of singing some off key number about what didn't get done today, what went wrong, what failed, what didn't turn out as hoped.
Tune our hearts to sing Your grace at the end of the day & not our guilt ----
and maybe that number just sounds a lot like: count your blessings, name them one by one.
- A. Voskamp
Still naming one by one... thanks for,
- summer joys; sunshine, barefeet, windows open, flowers, dirt and sand
- friendships secure, graces during times of controversy
- Levi's stories, his jokes, cuddles and funny, fresh realizations
- Maggie's sweet and smiley countenance; her smell, her soft and full head of hair, her huggable, kissable, smooshy self.
- Brian's birthday fun; family, parties and perfect gifts; his desk, new typewriter and it's first masterpiece, a love letter
- shower notes
- beautiful newborn photos from an old and dear friend
- lots of extended family time; a baseball game, birthday parties, fourth of July activities, cousins, gigantic card games
- safety for my brother and sister-in-law and their house during a huge, spreading fire in the neighborhood
- mucking around the mud with my family, the perfect warm summer breeze, the salty smell of the Atlantic
- coffee dates
- new window/porch box flowers and finally a bit of time to garden
- Brian, just reading his way through the dictionary (crazy)
- continued healing of my nerves, more strength and a first drive by myself!
- the eve of our 8th anniversary and a completely "itch-less" 7th year. ;)
- just this promise - "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."-John 10:10