Thursday, July 25, 2013
these days, I'm ...
- having long and lazy breakfasts and lunches on our porch (after almost five years, I finally thought to bring the patio table up to the porch..we use it so much more!)
- listening to "Through the Deep Dark Valley" over and over
- looking forward to Brian's summer job ending next week and enjoying what we are dubbing "August Fun Time with Papa".
- getting ready to hunker down and finish up next year's curriculum and syllabi
- writing and sending more hand-written postcards and letters
- reorganizing and deep cleaning long forgotten nooks and corners of my house and watching old episodes of "Columbo" while doing so
- teaching Levi the important things like singing scales and who painted the Mona Lisa
- hanging out with many friends and going on many playdates
- celebrating the season of birthdays
- choosing yarns and starting a new round of cuddle sacks for a new crop of babies
- enjoying a sermon series on "Heroes and Heretics"
- making the most of summer in Salem; free trolley rides, story/song/craft time at the Peabody Essex Museum, the Salem Water Taxi, weekend festivals galore, having picnics in the yards of historic houses that most people don't know are public
- soaking in our cute little side-kick