Friday, February 20, 2015

Year of Meditate


February 20th. Is it too late to choose my word for the year? Believe it or not, I've been thinking over which word to choose since December, but nothing stuck until recently. So here I am, a little late to the game, but with a word that will direct my year: Meditate.

My hope is to take more time this year slowing down to meditate on God's word.  Our church has been scribing the book of Philippians and the practice has inspired more of this meditative spirit in my own reading of scripture. Creating a piece of art has always been one of the most enjoyable and meaningful ways that I've found to meditate on God's word so I am planning to sketch and paint my way through various scriptures in the upcoming months. I've recently been working through a painting for my sister inspired by Psalm 23 and I think the Psalms are particularly conducive to art making. During Lent, I'm choosing a Psalm each week to read, meditate on and to inspire creative expression. I would love to post some of the resulting pieces in this space, even if just for accountability's sake, so stay tuned..

{And now, I just need prayer for time and space (and long sleeping children) to accomplish my goal!}

No comments:

Post a Comment