Friday, October 10, 2014

sea kettle studios - a new series - nature studies

This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings The music of the spheres.
This is my Father’s world; I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and  seas, His hand the wonders wrought.
This is my Father’s world, The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, Declare their Maker’s praise.
This is my Father’s world; He shines in all that’s fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass, He speaks to me everywhere.
Cosmo, Zinnia and Chrysanthemum in October - Ink, Watercolor, Pencil
McKenna Garden, October - Ink, Watercolor, Pencil

October Color - Ink, Watercolor, Pencil
{Ever since Levi and I started more formal nature study this summer, I've been inspired by the natural elements we see, study and collect during our walks and adventures. To model, I began little sketches of these beautiful, delicate elements in my nature journal, but soon found it more fun and inspiring to arrange them in pleasing compositions to draw/paint as finished pieces. I've really enjoyed these exercises in beauty hunting, arranging and careful observation. In fact, at the moment, I might be rather obsessed and I'm eager to see where this series leads me. And now, I have a whole bunch of freshly picked flowers to attend to.} :) 

2 comments:

  1. Bottom hanger is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I think I like that one best, too. I was attempting a natural "color wheel". Maybe I'll hang it in one of my classrooms. :)

      Delete