Wednesday, October 13, 2010

pick a pocket, or two?




I've been knitting some warmth to prepare me and my love for the upcoming New England winter. Most recently, it was fingerless mittens for the both of us (Thanks again, Martha!).


Mr. James loves them and claims that they are perfect for pick-pocketing in London (after which he proceeds to loudly belt songs from the musical, "Oliver"). I was thinking more along the lines of late autumn outdoor guitar strumming...but that's just me.




I always need my fingers free for my fanatical winter photo-shooting and these are the perfect solution. I made some crocheted ones last year, but I like the look of knit ones better.


Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

7 comments:

  1. Those turned out great! I would love to be a knitter...maybe someday, until then I will just ohh and ahh over other people's creations. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love these!! Sooo creative and they look so cozy! :D I'm happy to be your newest follower of your sweet blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your fun creations every Friday at my Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs and have a great day!
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick-pocketing, photo-snapping . . . to each his own, right? ;)

    Love them! My mom may not love you though when I show her what's next on my wishlist. She's the knitter in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I never really could figure out the purpose of fingerless gloves, but oh yes! guitar strumming! Picture taking!

    Please consider joining my knitting party on Fridays, called fibers on Friday. We'd love to have you!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh! Thanks for posting this to Fibers on Friday!! Again, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out wonderful. I wish I was able to knit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you make any adaptations to the pattern in Brian's pair?

    ReplyDelete