Thursday, October 4, 2012

some yum


..in my humble opinion.  

I was given this recipe at my bridal shower from a friend (hi, Amalia!) and it has become one of our all-time favorite recipes here in the James household. We feasted on one last night and it was just so good that I thought I'd share the love. Not only is it super easy and super yummy, but it's also a great way to use left over/extra meat and vegetables. It's also a good last-minute dinner, since you probably have most of the ingredients already. And without further adieu... 

What you need:
1 cup of precooked meat (ham, bacon, sausage etc.)
1 cup of vegetables (our favorites: tomato, broccoli, asparagus)
1 cup of cheese (any type you'd like, a mixture is nice)
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup bisquick
Salt and pepper to taste

What you gotta do:
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Grease pie plate
3. Add meat, veggies and cheese to pie plate.
4. Mix eggs, milk, bisquick, salt and pepper in a separate bowl, then pour into pie plate.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
6. Serve with salad or fruit. 

Bon Appétit! 

(look at me, the notorious non-cook posting a recipe! Don't get used to it, people. Although, I WILL link to Lianna's cooking blog when she starts it...ahem.)


No comments:

Post a Comment